Virus and Spyware Removal
Servicing Queens, Long Island and NYC
We've all seen it happen: you or someone you know has downloaded something from the internet that seemed armless enough at the time. Next thing you know, the computer has slowed to a crawl. Pop-up advertising starts to appear out of nowhere. Private information gets sent to some company you've never heard of. And the worst part? Trying to uninstall the software sometimes makes the problem worse.
There's a battle raging on your computer right now to determine who owns your computer. Know thy enemy:
A virus is a self-replicating program that infects a PC and can cause anything from minor problems to permanent data loss. Spyware takes control of your computer and eavesdrops on your behavior without your knowledge or consent, exploiting you for commercial gain or to violate your privacy.
Even if you use anti-virus software and keep it regularly updated (which you should!) there are still some things those programs miss, or can only partially clean. We use several powerful automated and manual removal tools to ensure your system is truly virus and spyware free.
Did You Know?
- 80% of users' computers have some form of spyware
- 67% of users have no antivirus software or don't update it frequently
- 89% of users do not know their machine is infected
- 95% do not give permission for the installation of the spyware
*Statistics from the National Cyber-Security Alliance Survey
Our Service Includes
- Virus and spyware removal using automated and manual tools
- Registry infection cleaning (if applicable)
- Removal of BHO - browser helper objects (if applicable)
- Advice on how to protect your system from security compromises
- Software recommendations for anti-virus, anti-spyware & firewall
- Surf the net confidently, knowing that you have a proper and clean system
- Avoid data loss and downtime due to an infection
- Don't get sold on commercial anti-virus software you don't need; we recommend a free, open source solution
Checklist: What You Need
- Troublesome, infected computer.
- If you're dropping off your laptop for service, remember both your power cable and the system discs that came with the computer. For service of a desktop PC, just bring your desktop by itself (no cables or accessories) and your system discs. The discs are preferred but not required for service.
- Security Install (Level 1)
- Hardware Cleaning
- 1-Hour Live Training Session: Windows and Internet Basics
Bring Your PC for Clean Up today to one of Queens and Long Island finest Repair Shop.